DART staff provides small group training to help individuals learn to ride the bus in Greater Des Moines. Training will demonstrate how to plan a trip, read maps and schedules, recognize bus stops, pay fares, practice rider safety and more. How to Ride Training sessions are free and open to the public.
How to Ride Training sessions for 2023 are scheduled on the following dates:
In-Person Trainings will be held in the Multimodal Room, on the Second Floor of DART Central Station (620 Cherry Street, Des Moines)
February - Thursday, Feb. 16 at 2 p.m.(Cancelled due to winter weather)
- March - Thursday, March 16 at Noon
- May - Thursday, May 18 at 3 p.m.
- June - Wednesday, June 14 at Noon
- August - Tuesday, Aug. 8 at Noon
- September - Wednesday, Sept. 13 at 3 p.m.
- November - Thursday, Nov. 16 at 3 p.m.
- December - In-person held on Tuesday, December 13 at 3:00 p.m. in Multimodal
Virtual Meetings will be held via Zoom. Click here for Zoom meeting information.
- January - Tuesday, Jan. 17 at Noon
- April - Tuesday, April 18 at 10 a.m.
- July - Thursday, July 13 at 4 p.m.
- October - Monday, Oct. 16 at 10 a.m.
- December - Wednesday, Dec. 13 at Noon
View these events on Facebook.
For questions please contact DART Mobility Coordinator Catlin Curry at 515-246-2526 or firstname.lastname@example.org. No reservations are necessary.